If you came to the Dominican Republic to get closer to nature and enjoy a unique tropical environment, you won’t want to miss Monkey Land. This 5-acre nature sanctuary in Punta Cana will let you and your family pet, hold and interact with friendly squirrel monkeys, as well as sample locally-grown coffee and cocoa. There’s plenty of time to monkey around on this outing!
Meet the locals for coffee
Your getaway to Monkey Land is a one-of-a-kind experience. Your excursion will begin with pick-up at your Punta Cana resort. Before you meet the monkeys, you'll have a chance to get closer to the locals of the Caribbean island when you stop at a traditional country house. There, you'll meet the family that resides in the house and learn about their life and culture while sampling the region’s renowned coffee and cocoa.
Have fun with squirrel monkeys
Once you’ve had a chance to interact with the people of the Dominican Republic countryside, it’s time to meet Monkey Land’s animal residents — squirrel monkeys! These wild primates are friendly and accustomed to people, so you'll have a chance to feed and pet them — they might even climb upon your shoulders to inspect you more closely. Visiting the 5-acre nature reserve the monkeys call home, you'll have 45 minutes to interact with these cute and cuddly creatures. Enjoy your time petting and playing with them before you’re brought back to your resort, hopefully with plenty of photos to remember your experience.
- Visit the 5-acre Monkey Land sanctuary with hundreds of squirrel monkeys
- Take pictures with the friendly monkeys, who will happily pose with you!
- Sample coffee and cocoa at a local country home
- Activity duration: 5 hours (not including transportation time to and from the activity)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off included
INCLUDED IN THE EXCURSION- Round-trip transportation
- Transportation by safari truck
- Stroll through colorful Botanical Garden
- Visit to typical Dominican house
- Fruits, coffee and chocolate
- Water and soft drinks
- Interaction with squirrel monkeys
|GOOD TO KNOW|
|Tour language: English||Location(s): Punta Cana|
|Season: All year long||Duration 5 hours (approx.)|
|Hotel pick-up available: Yes||Good physical condition required: No|
|Minimum age requirement: Suitable for all ages||Suitable for children: YES|
|Suitable for the elderly: YES||Pregnant women allowed: NO|